There were a total of 4,518 participant interactions during Consultation and Engagement, Fall 2012:
• 2,056 people attended 41 consultation events
- 502 people attended 13 small group meetings (487 participants) and 1 webinar (15)
- 1,554 people attended 27 public open houses
• 1,259 feedback forms were received
- 988 online feedback forms
- 271 hard-copy feedback forms
• 703 written submissions were received
• 500 British Columbia residents randomly selected to participate in an online public opinion poll.
The 64-page Summary Report can be downloaded here. Appendices to the report are listed at the foot of this page.
Your Ferry Advisory Committee will be considering the findings of the consultation at its next meeting on Wednesday, April 3 at Gabriola Golf Club, starting at 5.30pm. Members of the public are invited to attend.
The Government’s consultation on the future shape of BC Coastal Ferry Services concluded on December 21. Working jointly with Sustainable Gabriola, the FAC submitted a response to the consultation reflecting the views expressed both at the Provincial Open House meeting on November 13 and at a community consultation event held on December 10.
You can click on this link to download a copy of the FAC/SG Ferry Submission that has been submitted to the Provincial consultation team.
Previous research undertaken by Vancouver Island University can be found in the Gabriola Transportation Alternatives Survey Final Report issued in 1999.
Full details of the Government’s consultation on BC Coastal Ferries can be found at www.coastalferriesengagement.ca