The FAC is a volunteer committee. Our role is to act as a liaison between islanders and BC Ferries. We do not work for the ferry corporation, nor do we get any free perks. We are local island people trying to protect and improve the island link to Vancouver Island.
This year, an all-new committee has been appointed with a mission to bring the FAC closer to the community. The ferry service is part of our daily life on Gabriola – and FAC members want to understand how ferry issues affect you – so that we can represent you more effectively with BC Ferries.
The first meeting of the new FAC is Thursday April 26 at Gabriola Golf Club, starting at 5.30pm. Residents are very welcome to attend, and anyone wishing to make a formal presentation to the committee is asked to inform the Chair before the day of the meeting. Representatives of BC Ferries will be there to answer your questions and there will be an opportunity to meet the new community FAC members.
In many ways, 2012 marks a turning point for island ferry services, and the FAC wants to hear your views on:
- The Ferry Commissioner’s Review – what it might mean for Gabriola. Has the Commissioner got it right?
- Our terms of reference – what do residents want from the Ferry Advisory Committee?
- Public satisfaction – what does the Customer Survey tell us? Do residents have a different view?
- Ferry services – what’s working and what’s not? What’s your experience as a ferry user?
This is your chance to hear from each of the new FAC members – John Hodgkins, Dyan Dunsmoor-Farley, Roger Perry and Gisele Rudischer – but first and foremost, this is our chance to hear from you.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting on April 26, but you don’t have to wait for the meeting, you can send us your views now by:
– E-mailing us at email@example.com – and, with your permission, we’ll add your comment to the website
– Visiting our website at www.gabriolafac.com and leaving a comment on our ‘have your say’ page
– Joining our Facebook page (links from the website)
– Talking to us on Twitter at @GabriolaFAC
We want to know what matters to you. That’s what the new Ferry Advisory Committee is all about.
For further information please visit the ‘Next Meeting’ page on this website. A full agenda will be published there about a week before the meeting.