Gabriola’s new Ferry Advisory Committee for 2015-2018 has been strengthened from four members to nine – reflecting a much wider cross-section of community interests.
The following appointments have been confirmed by BC Ferries today:
Returning FAC members:
- John Hodgkins (previously FAC Chair)
- Chris Hock (Gabriola Chamber of Commerce)
New FAC members:
- Steven Earle (Transportation Advisory Commission and GERTIE)
- Howard Houle (RDN Director)
- Heather Nicholas (Islands Trustee)
- David Prevost (School District 68)
- Jim Ramsay (Gabriola Transportation Association)
- Jim Wilson-Storey (Gabriola Arts Council)
- Jane McCall Woods (Commuter representative)
John Hodgkins, Chair of the previous FAC, welcomed the new appointments, which he believes will build on the strengths of the previous committee and ensure the FAC is better able to represent the needs of the community.
More information about the new FAC can be found at https://gabriolafac.com/about-the-fac/
This is a wonderful cross-section of both community representation and governance bodies. It is also great to see so many people willing to put their energies toward improving our ferry service. Thank you all.