The next meeting of Gabriola Ferry Advisory Committee will be held on May 11, 2015 starting at 3.30pm at the Gabriola Arts Council Hall (formerly the WI Hall) in South Road, Gabriola.
Members of the public are invited to attend this first meeting of the new committee, but are reminded that this is NOT an open house session. Should you wish to speak on a particular topic, please contact the Chair by email at firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the meeting. We will try and ensure that time is available for anyone who wishes to speak.
If you are unable to attend this meeting but would like the FAC to raise a matter on your behalf, please feel free to email us with details of your question.
Topics for discussion at this FAC meeting will include:
- Welcome to new members
- Election of Chair and Vice Chair
- Feedback on new ferry schedule
- An operational update from BC Ferries
- A proposal for a demonstration project to introduce differential fares for evening travel
- A proposal for a Gabriola information kiosk to be sited at Nanaimo Harbour terminal
- Enabling a wifi hotspot at Nanaimo Harbour terminal
- The planned upgrade of Descanso Bay terminal in 2017/2018
- Changes to parking arrangements at Descanso Bay terminal to improve safety and better cater for community bus services
- Clarification of BC Ferries’ position with regard to future use of the RDN emergency wharf at Descanso Bay
- Improving FAC engagement with the community
The full agenda package put forward by the FAC is available here.