BC Ferries today launched “50% off the Coast” – a six week Fall offer of discounted passenger fares on selected off-peak sailings on ferry routes across the network, with promises of more to come if this scheme is successful in generating additional traffic.
For Gabriola, this is what’s on offer, between September 8 and October 15, 2015 (except Thanksgiving Monday, October 12):
- 50% off the regular adult, child or Senior fare on selected sailings on Monday to Thursday, also on Saturday afternoons.
- The regular adult fare reduces from $11.25 to $5.65.
- Children aged 5-11 years and BC Seniors (Monday to Thursday) will pay $2.85 instead of $5.65
- Experience Card users’ fares will also be discounted to the rates shown above.
- The reduced fare will apply to tickets purchased on Mondays to Thursdays for sailings leaving Nanaimo between 10.40 am and 3.45pm. (on Wednesdays, the offer starts with the 11.55 am departure because of the Dangerous Cargo sailing at 10.40).
- On Saturdays, the reduced fare will be available on all sailings leaving Nanaimo from 1.10 pm to end of service.
- There are no restrictions on travel times from Gabriola to Nanaimo.
The 50% discount will also be available on passenger fares to and from Vancouver on the following sailings:
- Mondays to Thursdays at 10.40am, 12.50pm and 3.10pm from Departure Bay or Horseshoe Bay**
- Saturdays at 3.10pm, 5.20pm, 7.30pm and 9.30pm from Departure Bay or Horseshoe Bay
- Mondays to Thursdays at 12.45pm and 3.15pm from Duke Point or Tsawwassen
- Saturdays at 3.15pm and 5.45pm from Duke Point or Tsawwassen.
** Note that from October 13-15, the schedule changes to 10.30am, 12,30pm and 3pm from Departure Bay and Horseshoe Bay.
Full details of reductions on other routes, check out http://www.bcferries.com/promotions/50-percent-off-the-coast.html