On this page you will find links to many of the background documents that have been referred to at recent meetings, as well as any relevant reports and publications that are relevant to future FAC meetings.
More documents will be added as they become available.
Gabriola FAC Fact File (updated March 2023)
BC Ferries Submission to Ferry Commissioner for Performance Term 6 (October 2022)
Customer Satisfaction Tracking conducted by Mustel Group for BC Ferries (June 2015)
BC Ferries Year-end Financial Results for 2014/15 (June 2015)
BC Ferry Commission Performance Reviews conducted by PriceWaterhouseCoopers (March 2015)
- Performance Review of the Efficiency of BC Ferries.
- Performance Review of BC Ferries’ Fuel Management.
- Performance Review of BC Ferries’ Homeporting Arrangements.
- Performance Review of BC Ferries’ Vacations.
BC Ferry Commission decision on Preliminary Price Caps for Performance Term 4 (March 2015)
- Commission Order 15-02, the Report on the Preliminary Price Cap Decison for the Fourth Performance Term and the Review of Performance Term Three.
- Assessment of BC Ferries’ PT4 Submission conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Summary of Public Comments
BC Ferries submission to the BC Ferry Commission for Performance Term 4
- BC Ferries Submission for PT4 – September 2014
- BC Ferries 10 Year Capital Plan
- BC Ferries Efficiency Plan for PT4 and beyond
Gabriola FAC 2015 Fact File (January 2015)
BC Ferries Fare Flexibility and Digital Experience Initiative
- Application by BC Ferries to the BC Ferry Commission : Application made under Section 55(2) of the Coastal Ferry Act for a major capital expenditure (December 2014)
- Gabriola FAC response to the BC Ferry Commissioner (December 2014)
- BC Ferry Commissioner’s decision on the Section 55 Application (February 2015)
Review of Route 19 Ferry Schedules – November 2014
- Community Response to a Review of Ferry Schedules – Survey report and review of potential community impacts produced by Gabriola FAC
- Appendices to the Review of Ferry Schedules – Summarising more than 1,000 comments and observations recorded in the FAC survey
BC Ferries Net Savings Validation – A paper by John Hodgkins, Gabriola FAC seeking validation of the assumptions used in the preparation of proposals to reduce the number of round-trip sailings on Route 19.
BC Coastal Ferry Services – A discussion paper by John Hodgkins, Gabriola FAC, calling for a need-based analysis to identify minimum levels of ferry service to meet the needs of coastal communities
RFP – Coastal Ferries Public Engagement – BC Provincial Government Request for Proposals to manage the 2013 Coastal Ferries Community Engagement process.
BC Coastal Ferries Consultation Reports – March 2013
Visit the government’s consultation website at www.coastalferriesengagement.ca
BC Coastal Ferries Consultation and Engagement Summary Report
Appendices to the Summary Report:
- Appendix 1 : Pre-consultation and engagement summary report
- Appendix 2 : Discussion Guide and Route-specific information
- Appendix 3 : Small Group Meeting Notes
- Appendix 4 : Open House Meeting Notes
- Appendix 5 : Display Boards
- Appendix 10 : Public Opinion Poll – Mustel Group Report
- Download the Route 19 Fact File produced by the Ferry Advisory Committee
BC Coastal Ferries Consultation and Engagement – December 2012
- Gabriola Community Ferry Consultation Report – Submission by Gabriola FAC and Sustainable Gabriola
- Chair’s covering letter to Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure
BC Ferries’ Annual Report to the Ferry Commissioner – 31 July 2012
Coastal Ferry Services Contract for Performance Term 3 – updated 30 June 2012
Coastal Ferry Act – amended by the Coastal Ferry Amendment Act, 2012 – 31 May 2012
Background papers from the inaugural FAC meeting, April 26, 2012
- who’s responsible? – a quick overview of the governance of coastal ferry services
- The Ferry Commissioner’s recommendations for changes to the Coastal Ferry Act
- What are the Key recommendations as far as Gabriola is concerned?
- Ferry Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
- BC Ferries’ Customer Satisfaction Survey : what does it tell us?
- Headline results from the 2011 Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Review of the Coastal Ferry Act – Report by the BC Ferry Commissioner (January 2012)
- Report on Review of Transportation Governance Models – A review of BC Ferries and Translink by the Comptroller General, BC Ministry of Finance (October 2009)
- Gabriola Transportation Alternatives Survey– Final Report (2009)