The following information is provided using the most up-to-date information available to us.
Times of connecting services may be subject to change at short notice, so we do recommend that you check with the operator concerned in case any alterations have been made.
BC Ferries routes serving Nanaimo
- Gabriola Island – Nanaimo Harbour
- Horseshoe Bay – Nanaimo (Departure Bay)
- Tsawwassen – Nanaimo (Duke Point)
Protection Island Ferry – operated by the Dinghy Dock Pub
Newcastle Island Ferry – operated by Snuneymuxw First Nation
Local Public Transit
Gabriola Community Bus Services – operated by GERTIE
Nanaimo Transit Services – operated by Nanaimo Regional Transit
Inter-city buses on Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island Connector – operated by Tofino Bus/Vancouver Island Coach Lines
- Nanaimo – Duncan – Victoria
- Nanaimo – Courtenay – Campbell River – Port Hardy
- Nanaimo – Port Alberni – Ucluelet – Tofino (Tofino Bus)
Shuttle Services from Departure Bay ferry terminal – operated by Island Link Bus
Direct seaplane flights from Gabriola – operated by Gulf Island Seaplanes
Seaplane flight connections from Nanaimo Harbour – operated by Harbour Air
Seaplane flight connections from Nanaimo Harbour – operated by Sunshine Coast Air
Helicopter flight connections from Nanaimo Waterfront Heliport – operated by Helijet
Seaplane flight connections from Departure Bay – operated by Seair Seaplanes
Seasonal seaplane flight connections from Departure Bay – operated by Kenmore Air
- Nanaimo (Departure Bay) – Seattle (Lake Washington) – flights operate daily between May 18 and September 17. Flight time to/from Nanaimo – 1hr 15m. Passport required.
The FAC does not guarantee the accuracy of this information, nor do the various operators guarantee that connections will be held in the event of service delays.