The following information is provided using the most up-to-date information available to us.
Times of connecting services may be subject to change at short notice, so we do recommend that you check with the operator concerned in case any alterations have been made.
BC Ferries routes serving Nanaimo
- Gabriola Island – Nanaimo Harbour
- Horseshoe Bay – Nanaimo (Departure Bay)
- Tsawwassen – Nanaimo (Duke Point)
Protection Island Ferry – operated by the Dinghy Dock Pub
Newcastle Island Ferry – operated by Snuneymuxw First Nation
- Nanaimo (Maffeo Sutton Park) to Newcastle Island (Last day of service for 2020 season is October 12)
Local Public Transit
Gabriola Community Bus Services – operated by GERTIE
- GERTIE community bus services
- New Schedule starts October 18th 2021, including service along Church & Spruce
Nanaimo Transit Services – operated by Nanaimo Regional Transit
Inter-city buses on Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island Connector – Tofino Bus
- Nanaimo – Duncan – Victoria (This bus stops at Port Place Mall for passengers travelling to and from Duncan or Victoria – hand luggage only from this stop)
- Nanaimo – Courtenay – Campbell River (This route no longer operates north of Campbell River to Port Hardy)
- Nanaimo – Port Alberni – Ucluelet – Tofino (Tofino Bus)
Shuttle Services from Departure Bay ferry terminal – operated by Island Link Bus
The South Terminal Shuttle bus at YVR now serves the Richmond Floatplane Dock for transfers to and from the YVR Main Terminal. Download the South Terminal Shuttle Schedule here
Direct seaplane flights from Gabriola – operated by Gulf Island Seaplanes
Seaplane flight connections from Nanaimo Harbour – operated by Harbour Air
Seaplane flight connections from Nanaimo Harbour – operated by Sunshine Coast Air
Helicopter flight connections from Nanaimo Waterfront Heliport – operated by Helijet
Seaplane flight connections from Departure Bay – operated by Seair Seaplanes
Seasonal seaplane flight connections from Departure Bay – operated by Kenmore Air
- Nanaimo (Departure Bay) – Seattle (Lake Washington) – flights operate daily between May 18 and September 17. Flight time to/from Nanaimo – 1hr 15m. Passport required.
The FAC does not guarantee the accuracy of this information, nor do the various operators guarantee that connections will be held in the event of service delays.